Monday, January 18, 2010

I think I can, I think I can

'I think I can' finally blog! =) I have been trying to blog all weekend, but I could never find enough time..I have been busy! My brother-in-law and his future family came to visit. Mike's fiance Melinda has a 3 year old son, Brodie--he and Parker are quite the little buddies. I know that they already love each other, and I can't wait for them to grow up together. My birthday is this Friday (January 22nd) and Mike's is Feb. 1st so since everyone was home, Jim's parents decided to go ahead and give us a birthday dinner. Mrs. Julie made homemade lasanga and homemade chicken alfredo--she definitely knows her daughter-in-law. It was delicious!!! No pictures of the birthday girl and boy--but these two stole the show anyway.

Monday afternoon, Jim and Mike decided to take the boys squirrel hunting. As soon as Parker walked out of the door he said, "Squirrel, where are you?" It was the cutest thing.
Here is my precious little hunter. Isn't he the cutest little thing you have ever seen..I know I am partial, but really--he is a cutie!
I got an embrodiery machine (WHOO-HOO). For those of you who know me, I love all things monogrammed. I am VERY excited to be able to monogram stuff for my sweet Parker, for my family and friends, and for myself. The first and only thing that I have monogrammed is a train. Parker loves them so I thought that if by chance what I did turned out to look half way decent..I wanted it to be something for Parker...so 'I think I can' monogram--with A LOT of practice of course!!

Here is the train..I wish it was bigger, but I had no clue what I was doing. Thanks to my wonderful stepdad Marty for helping me so much and my Mama for taking care of Parker!



I have finally decided that 'I think I can' do something about my self image. It is something that I have always battled especially since I had Parker. I have started working out. I am going to the gym everyday, Zumba (http://www.zumba.com/) classes 3 nights a week (which I LOVE), working out with my Wii Fit (hula hooping, kung fu, and free run are my favorites), and I am watching what I eat. Whew...just talking about all of it makes me tired, but contrary to that...I am feeling so good! Please share any low fat recipes. I still like to eat good food..just need healthier, quick meals to make for my family.
Continuing to work out, watch what I am eating, teaching, being a good mother to Parker, and a good wife to Jim is a lot to balance but...'I think I can' do it all as long as I seek God for guidance!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

2 comments:

  1. Parker is super cute in his camo! And I am so happy you got an embroidery machine. It is a lot of work- but you will get the hang of it in no time!!!
    We really need to celebrate our birthdays soon! Doesn't 24 sound so much older than 23???
    The zumba sounds fun. I visited with Cov. Med. Assoc. to find out that my body is 40% fat, when it should only be 25%. I thought that was really depressing. But it was kind of inspiring because now I'm ready to fix it! Ha! I may have to zumba with you sometime or maybe we could walk some afternoons. That would be nice!
    If I don't talk to you again before Fri.- Have a super birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so you know that I disapprove of my Parker-man being around guns, but he is THE CUTEST thing I've ever seen in camo. :)

    I love you, and I know that you WILL DO everything you set out to do. I will have to lose weight with you so that I can keep borrowing your clothes. :) Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete