Friday, January 22, 2010

It's My Birthday And I'll Cry If I Want To

Today is my birthday--and so many other people I know share this birthday with me. January 22nd must be a great day to have babies! The day started off just like a normal day-- much like the way I have started off all of my days in the past few months by reading blogs..only today I started off by reading my sister's newest blog--and ode to me for my birthday. I cried. And cried. And cried. What can I say..I am a crier! I cannot help it. My sister means so much to me...and everything she wrote was totally me...if anyone truly knows me--it is her. We are like twins born 5 years and 3 months apart!
I love you Valerie!

Jim, Parker, and I went to Dothan to celebrate my birthday with lunch at my favorite restaurant--Olive Garden. I love the chicken alfredo! I am pretty sure that a demon took over Parker's body during lunch and for much of our shopping trip--he cried and screamed so loud in TJ Maxx *because of a Thomas the Train toy that by the way he DID NOT get--another blog coming soon* that he eventually made himself throw up--everywhere! I think he redeemed himself a little when acted better while we were at the mall. He likes to try on the clothes I pick out for him. He actually wore the clothes straight out of the dressing room at Old Navy. He tore the tags off and gave them to me...so the security thing went off when we were leaving ON...when we went to Gap kids...and when we left Gap kids. What can I say...the boy loves to shop--thanks to his mama of course!
The whole time we were on the way to Dothan and in Dothan, people were calling me and writing on my facebook wall to tell me happy birthday. I was greeted by the Happy Birthday song many times today....it made me feel so special. People took time out of their busy lives to wish me a happy birthday. When I started thinking about how blessed I am--I cried.

Also..we went to Dothan because today is the day that one of my best friends welcomed her baby boy, Phoenix Jaxon Morrow, into the world. Congratulations Brittany and Justin! I am so happy that I got to share this day with them. It was a crazy day. Justin works offshore so there was no guarantee that he was going to make it to the hospital before Brittany had the baby. Justin got to the hospital at 6:45 and Brittany had Phoenix at 7:02. It was almost surreal..almost like Phoenix was waiting on his daddy to get there. I am so glad that Justin was able to make it....it was the talk of the hospital all afternoon. Will he or will he not make it before she has the baby?! When I saw Brittany this morning, I cried. There she was in the hospital bed waiting..just waiting for Phoenix..waiting for Justin..waiting for her life to change forever. When I left her tonight..she was still in the hospital bed..but now she is waiting to spend the rest of her life with Phoenix and Justin.


Today when I woke up--it didn't even feel like my birthday. Frankly, it felt just like another day. Thank you to all of my family and friends and baby Phoenix for making this somewhat ordinary birthday into one I will never forget! OK..here come the tears again.

No comments:

Post a Comment