Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It was "SnOw" much fun!

I know that I have been MIA for the past month so I wanted to do a quick recap on what has been going on. We went to Birmingham the weekend after my birthday to visit with my sister and Jaylyn. On Saturday, Jim and I went to Ashley Furniture and ordered some new "stuff," which we are going to pick up this weekend! We also got to watch Jaylyn play basketball..she score 14 out of her team's 20-something. Way to go J-Bug!!

We made a late night trip to Wal-Mart..Parker was worn out..as you can see..we still have the paci! AHH

Parker on the way home from Birmingham..he is turning into such a big boy.


AND... Jim and I bought a house--whoo-hoo! We had been talking to an elderly couple since November about buying their house (they are/since have moved to an assisted living). They said that they thought it would be sometime end of March or early April before they were ready to sale. Jim and I were excited, but we had not put much more thought into it than that...then shortly after my birthday--they called us and wanted to sell their house immediately! WOW! Jim and I were both so excited, but we had not even tried to sell our trailer *WHICH IS STILL FOR SALE...anyone interested??*! Anyway..we closed on the house Monday, February 1st and we spent the night there Wednesday, February 3rd. We still have lots and lots and lots to do..but it is definitely a work in progress! A lot of people had no idea we were even buying a house--it all happened so quickly. We spent the first week painting..I will have a blog dedicated to that when we are completely finished painting everything. We still have a long way to go.

We had only been in the house a little over a week when school got cancelled because of SNOW--you heard it right..SNOW in SOUTH ALABAMA. We played in the snow all morning..it was "snow" much fun! I got really sick on that Friday *the snow day*..and I was sick for the whole weekend and into the week..I missed two days of work. My sister and Jaylyn came home the snow weekend so that we could celebrate Jaylyn and my brother Allen's birthday. Also..my brother came home..he works out of town. Allen's birthday is February 10th, and Jaylyn's is February 12th. We celebrated with pizza and cake. The snow left as fast as it came. I think South Alabama is due a "Snow Fun" day every year, at least one! =)

Our new house in the snow


We just bought the sand toys at a yard sale the weekend before it snowed..so glad that Parker had 'snow' toys!When Parker sees the camera..he always gives me a big cheese!


This past weekend, Parker and I spent the day together..just the two of us. Jim was helping my mom and step-dad move into their house. We went to Elba and Dothan to do a little shopping. Parker was so well behaved. I didn't even have a stroller. I was so proud of him. He did try to escape me once when we were in Gymboree--he did get out of the store..I had to put my stuff down and run out of the store like a maniac to chase him down! He was headed for the train. I think that I may have taken him shopping too much because when we pull up to the mall, he knows that the train is there.

Here he is riding the motorcycle in the mall.


Have I ever mentioned that his boy LOVES trains?!


Last night, February 24th, we celebrated my oldest nephew Zac's 15th Birthday! WOW! I cannot believe that he will be driving in 1 year. He is growing up into such a handsome young man. I am closer to his age than I am to my brother (his dad) so Zac and I have kind of grown up together. We have more of a sister/brother relationship than an aunt/nephew one. I love you Zac!

Well..we are off to Birmingham this weekend to help my sister move into her new house. We are a bunch of moving folks in my family! We will also be celebrating our soon-to-be nephew Brodie's 4th Birthday with a party at the bowling alley. Parker and Brodie are so sweet to each other..I can't wait for them to get to play together all weekend. Until next time..maybe it won't be a month!

~ MJ




No comments:

Post a Comment