Monday, March 29, 2010

A Little Dirt Never Hurt Anyone

Parker loves to play in dirt.  Everytime we go to Wal-Mart or any other store for that matter..if he sees a shovel or some type of pail or bucket..we must have it!  Both of our parents have dirt piles at their houses so Saturday and Sunday..Parker got to play in the dirt.  He was FILTHY!  I am that mom who doesn't even buy 'play clothes'...I dress him up to go to daycare then get upset when stains won't come out of his clothes.  I live with it though...and Parker is always very cute.  My mom joked with me that I needed to go to the dollar store and buy he some cheaper clothes.  I do shop at the dollar store just not very often for clothes.  I think that I am actually agreeing to that one!. 

Parker sliding down the dirt pile

Parker and his Nana...King of the Mountain

Parker was shoveling up dirt and putting it into the back of the lawn mower

Also..Parker and my Grandmother (his Great Grandmother) did some yard brooming.  My Grandma calls rakes-yard brooms.  My Gma has been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease for about 13 years now.  She is pretty much confined to a wheel chair.  My mom picked her up from the nursing home on Saturday morning so she was at my mom's house when we went over there.  She loves Parker so much, and I am thankful that he has such a sweet spirit and allows my grandmother to hold, kiss, and love on him despite her wiskers that I have so lovely inherited! hah  Thank God for wax! 

Parker wanted his chair by Grandma's so they could work
My Grandma and Parker with their yard brooms

My Grandmother told my mom that she wanted her chair to be moved (remember that she is pretty much confined to a wheel chair due to her disease).  She can stand up by herself for a few seconds at the time, but not very often at all.  Anyway, she wanted her chair moved so my mom told her that she was going to have to stand up.  I was going to move the chair while my mom held her up.  Mom helped her stand up..then my Grandma wouldn't sit down.  She stood up by herself without any help for about 1 minute  This is a huge deal!  She wanted to rake more of the yard...it looked so much better when she was finished.
  God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

Parker and me...I hardly ever have pictures of the two of us that I haven't taken..I still think I am the only one that can get him to 'cheese'

No comments:

Post a Comment